Carrots are a rich source of vitamin A, which is very good for our eyes. Carrot is also considered very healthy in fighting off infection, reducing acne and boosting immunity. However, eating carrots in the raw form or vegetable form can get a little monotonous over time. Carrot Cake recipe is an alternative way to make a child love and like carrots. To help you make healthy carrots more interesting, here is an easy homemade carrot cake recipe that includes walnuts, raisins and pineapples, which increase its nutritional value almost two-fold.Items needed for the cake:450ml of vegetable oil
500 grams of granulated sugar
9 average size carrots peeled and grated
160 grams of walnuts
160 grams of diced pineapple
160 grams of coconut flakes
40 grams of raisins
440 grams of all-purpose flour
15 grams of baking powder
15 grams of baking soda
30 grams of fresh ground cinnamon
3 grams of saltPreparation:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two 10-inch baking tins using a little oil and some flour.
- In a deep bowl, beat the vegetable oil, sugar and eggs together until you get a fluffy mix and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the grated carrots and pineapple to the mix and beat at a low speed to mix everything well.
- Now add the walnuts, raisins and coconut flakes. Mix the wet ingredients well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, adding a small amount each time and mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the prepared batter in the greased baking tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes. If a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before taking out of the tin and serving.
Ways to serve the carrot cake:
- Cream cheese frosting is the traditional way to serve the cake. Cover the cake from all sides and the top with cream cheese frosting.
- You can also dust some coconut flakes on the frosting at all sides to serve.
- Caramel sauce also makes a good accompaniment to the carrot cake. Drizzle some warm caramel sauce on the cake before serving.
- Honey and fresh whipped cream served on the side of warm carrot cake will also be a big hit among your dinner guests.